FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Check PMsCheck PMs   Log inLog in 

GA Deer 2019

View previous topic :: View next topic  
falconred
Non Typical

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: GA Deer 2019 Reply with quote

We had +/- 3" of rain Saturday, guess who sat in a pop up blind all day and only saw one small buck. I had packed up and put my rifle in a garbage bag to head to the car when I saw six hogs in the edge of the field. Too late and two rainy to shoot then but next time they go down.

Sunday was dry but warmer, dressed to much! I saw three does about 8:45 and a spike at 9:15. I sat there and decided to head home about 2:30. I guess I wasn't dedicated enough to stay the rest of the day.

I heard a pack of Coyotes about daylight but none came into the field. A friend of mine has a caller and we will try to thin them down when I quit deer hunting. The fellow who owns the property is a life long friend of mine and loves to shoot but doesn't hunt so I guess I will have to take up the slack.

Luck to all.

GregE
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reports- keep them coming Smile
falconred
Non Typical

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject: Saturday Reply with quote

I got to hunt half a day last Saturday, another rainy day here. I had one little doe wondering around and eight turkeys. I caught a glimpse of a coyote to my right and hit the edge the opening in the blind about the time I shot, couldn't find blood but he sure made some wild sounds when he got to the woods.

Doing family stuff this weekend, visiting the Biltmore house near Ashville, NC tomorrow, spending the night in Blowing Rock, NC and then going up the Blue Ridge Parkway to Roanoke, VA Saturday and head home Sunday morning.

I am scheduled to hunt a quota hunt on a mid-GA WMA next Fri-Sat-Sun. Quality buck only, 4 on one side or 15" inside spread. I wouldn't shoot anything smaller anyway. I can also take a doe if I want to in addition to a buck.

I am looking forward to hearing the stories to come you, Greg and Magic. Some of you lurkers please chime in now and then, we love to hear about other's hunts and experiences.

falconred
Non Typical

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject: 11-9/10 Reply with quote

Saturday I spent part of the day, until 3:00 PM in my blind. I saw two does about 8:30 and five more around 11:45. Nothing else to report. Went in and watch the ball game, my son is coaching at Ga State now.

Went our about 4:00 PM after church and Sunday lunch and a half hearted attempt at a nap. Didn't see any deer but had a group of 15 turkeys come across the field and go into the woods about 30 yards away. Later there was another group of 5 that fed across the field. My blind must be working as they didn't pay me any attention.

We didn't get to go on our WMA quota hunt, my friend had too much to do at work and I was kind of in the same boat. They were also calling for rain down in that area and the roads are all red clay so it was probably better we didn't get to go.

falconred
Non Typical

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: 2019-2020 Deer Reply with quote

We I can summarize my deer season by saying I saved a lot of ammo.

I hunted a friends property most weekends when I could and saw a lot of deer but nothing I thought was a shooter. There were several does each day and a few spikes and fork horns. I had one four point graze around me that had the largest four point rack I had ever seen. It had at least a 15" spread and the forks were 8" or so each. It was a fairly tall rack also. Hopefully he will grow a few more points in the next year or so.

I enjoyed watching as many a 24 turkeys feeding by me. I saw a group of 8-10 hogs one rainy day and I was leaving my blind. I was told by the owner to drop as many as possible if they came back. I also made a shot at a Coyote, I saw him late and when swinging my rifle around hit the edge of the window about the time I shot. He ran off but made the wildest sounds when it got into the woods. Hopefully I got him.

As i have posted before, I only saw a spike on my Illinois trip.

I guess I am going to take off a few days next month to camp and squirrel hunt. I also have a friend that has a caller so we are going to try to bring down some Coyotes at the farm where I hunted deer.

Let us know how your season went and what is going on!

GregE
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting season you had. ( Yoda voice )

I fondly remember my tree stand bowhunting days when I was stationed in SE Alabama.
My challenge was getting one for my son- I'd go out and pass on several. Bring him out the next day and nada.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sage Creek Forums Index -> Deer Hunting All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: