FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Check PMsCheck PMs   Log inLog in 

Carry load capacity of teh Sacrifice Pack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sage Creek Forums Index -> Badlands Hunting Packs: Sponsored by Badlands Packs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danny Strong
2 point

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Carry load capacity of teh Sacrifice Pack Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I keep looking at that Sacrifice Pack. It holds enough to do most things, but does anyone know what the reasonbable weight load limit is for this thing. I know that some of the other packs carry 50 times their weight. How about this thing.

Thanks

RosinBag
6 point

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one and am taking it on a 3night 4 day trip coming up. It is not built to carry big loads, but it should work ok for boned out deer without a problem. I am limiting my loads to about 70 pounds with my camp and deer. Overall, it is a good pack for the weight to capacity it can carry.
Danny Strong
2 point

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. Sure has been quiet around here this last year or so. Is that a reflection of the market over there.
trealtree
4 point

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the market in Australia?
Danny Strong
2 point

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite seriously, booming. The unemployment rate is about 4 to 5%. The way they calculate the rate that is very low and not enough to feed the labour market. They are importing workers from Asia again.

The reserve bank has interest rates at about 4.5% to 5% and expects that they will have to further raise them to keep a lid on growth so inflation doesn't get out of hand.

The Aussie $ is at it's highest for years and is predicted to improve a further 20%.

Consumer confidence is high. There is some concern about overseas banks in Europe, but in general people don't realise what Australia missed by not going into a deep recession like so many other nations.

Housing prices continue to increase gradualy and have regained and improved on the fall when the financial crisis first developed. Housing for the average guy is really expensive. Even lower income housing is around $350K to $450K. Google 7 Dewsbury Street, Middle Park, Queensland, Australia. Its going for $680 000.

I truly do recommend that Sage Creek Outfitters start selling to Aussies to keep them over the lean times you guys are going through.

Best wishes

trealtree
4 point

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Danny. As for the market here it all really depends on how you manage and save your own money. Some people decided they were not going to participate in the downturn...myself included. If you do not borrow money and live paycheck to paycheck then the recession is not as bad as it may seem and it is actually a good thing if you are in the market to invest in stocks or buy homes. Everything is on sale. I dont own a credit card and I follow the Dave Ramsey motto. This has kept me out of alot of trouble.
huntem
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny Strong wrote:

I truly do recommend that Sage Creek Outfitters start selling to Aussies to keep them over the lean times you guys are going through.

Best wishes

I've got an Ox in the for sale forum, I'd be more than willing to ship to the land down under!!

AZ Ron
4 point

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trealtree wrote:
Thanks for the info Danny. As for the market here it all really depends on how you manage and save your own money. Some people decided they were not going to participate in the downturn...myself included. If you do not borrow money and live paycheck to paycheck then the recession is not as bad as it may seem and it is actually a good thing if you are in the market to invest in stocks or buy homes. Everything is on sale. I dont own a credit card and I follow the Dave Ramsey motto. This has kept me out of alot of trouble.

Ditto...

http://teamkendrickoutdoors.blogspot.com/
Danny Strong
2 point

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who Dave Ramsey is, but if he says don't buy what you can't pay for then I do agree with him. From what I can tell there has been a lot of stuff put on credit for too long by too many. Just because you look like living for another fifty years doesn't mean you should place yourself in debt for that long too. Its strange how we expect economic conservatism from our politicians yet the public go hell for leather for debt Shocked .

Anyway, these Sacrifice packs - are they not as utilitarian as the other packs (IE. not as many pockets, tiedown points, gizmos). Are they as tough? I don't want to buy a sack that loads on my back. I want something that rides, carries and is as useful as a normal Badlands pack.

Thanks guys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sage Creek Forums Index -> Badlands Hunting Packs: Sponsored by Badlands Packs All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: